General Questions

We specialize in family sponsorship, economic immigration, study and work permits, visitor visas, and citizenship applications. Contact us for personalized guidance and support with your Canadian immigration needs.

Contact V. Sharma Immigration Services Inc to schedule a consultation with our experienced consultants and receive personalized advice and support to achieve your Canadian immigration goals.

Eligibility requirements vary by program and may include language proficiency, education, work experience, and health/security clearances. Our team can help determine your eligibility and guide you through the process.

Yes, a person can appeal a refusal of their immigration application to the Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) or the Federal Court of Canada, depending on the type of application and the circumstances of the refusal.

V. Sharma Immigration Services can help you in many ways, depending on your specific immigration needs. Whether you’re looking to apply for a study visa, work permit, spousal sponsorship, permanent residency, or citizenship, our team of experienced professionals can guide you through the entire process. We provide personalized assistance to ensure that you understand all your options and make informed decisions about your immigration journey. Our goal is to make the process as smooth and stress-free as possible, so you can focus on your future in Canada.

During the initial consultation with V. Sharma Immigration Services Inc., you can expect to receive personalized and professional advice regarding your immigration matter. Our licensed immigration consultants will listen to your concerns, ask questions to better understand your situation, and provide guidance on the various immigration programs that may be available to you. We will also discuss the specific steps involved in the application process, the associated fees, and the expected timelines. By the end of the consultation, you will have a clear understanding of your options and the next steps you should take to achieve your immigration goals.

At V. Sharma Immigration Services Inc., Mr. Vikas Sharma is a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) and he is an Authorized Representative who can represent clients in their immigration matters.

There are several factors that can prevent someone from coming to Canada, including: criminal history or charges, medical issues, security concerns, misrepresentation on previous immigration applications, and inadmissibility for other reasons such as financial or immigration violations. It’s important to consult with an immigration professional to understand your eligibility and any potential obstacles in your specific situation.

Spousal sponsorship

Canadian citizens and permanent residents can apply to sponsor their spouse or common-law partner to come to Canada and become a permanent resident.

The processing time for a spousal sponsorship application varies depending on several factors such as the location of the applicant and the volume of applications received. It can take anywhere from 12 to 18 months or longer.

The minimum age requirement for spousal sponsorship is 18 years old.

Yes, you will need to provide proof of your relationship with your spouse or partner, including evidence of cohabitation, joint financial statements, and communication records.

If your sponsorship application is refused, you may have the option to appeal the decision or reapply with additional supporting documentation.

Yes, you may withdraw your sponsorship application at any time before a decision is made by IRCC.

work permit

The eligibility requirements for a work permit vary depending on the type of work permit being applied for. Generally, the applicant must have a job offer from a Canadian employer, a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), and meet other criteria.

The processing time for a work permit application varies depending on the type of work permit and the location of the applicant. Generally, it can take anywhere from a few weeks to several months.

Yes, you can extend your work permit as long as you are still eligible to work in Canada and your employer is willing to extend your job offer.

Yes, you can bring your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children with you to Canada on a work permit. They will also need to apply for their own visitor visas or study permits if they plan to stay in Canada for an extended period of time.

Yes, you can study part-time while on a work permit, as long as your work permit specifies that you are allowed to study.

Study visa

To apply for a student visa, you need to apply online through the Canadian government’s Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website. You will need to provide a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada, proof of financial support, and other documents as required.

Processing times for student visas vary depending on your country of residence and other factors. Generally, it can take several weeks to several months to process a student visa application.

Yes, as an international student with a valid study permit, you are allowed to work on or off-campus for up to 20 hours per week during the academic session and full-time during scheduled breaks.

If your student visa expires before you finish your studies, you must apply to extend your stay in Canada as a student. You should do this at least 30 days before your current status expires.

If your application for a student visa is refused, you can either apply again with additional documentation or appeal the decision. It is recommended that you consult with an immigration lawyer or consultant for guidance on how to proceed.

Permanent Resident

Individuals who have a valid job offer, are skilled workers, have family sponsorship, or are refugees are eligible to apply for permanent residency in Canada.

Yes, you can apply for permanent residency if you are living outside of Canada. However, you will need to follow the proper application process and provide all necessary documentation.

Processing times for permanent residency applications vary depending on the type of application and individual circumstances. It can take several months to over a year to receive a decision on your application.

Express Entry is a federal program that allows skilled workers to apply for Permanent Residency based on a points system. PNP is a program that allows provinces and territories in Canada to nominate skilled workers who are interested in immigrating to their region. Both programs have their own set of eligibility criteria and application process.

It depends on the severity of the offense and the length of time that has passed since the offense was committed. In some cases, individuals with criminal records may be deemed inadmissible to Canada and may not be eligible for Permanent Residency.

Yes, language proficiency is an important factor in many Permanent Resident applications. The specific language test required may vary depending on the program and the applicant’s language skills.

If your permanent residency application is denied, you may be able to appeal the decision or reapply in the future. It is important to understand the reason for the denial and address any issues before reapplying.

Citizenship Application

Permanent residents of Canada who meet certain requirements, such as residency and language proficiency, can apply for Canadian citizenship.

The processing time for a citizenship application varies depending on several factors, including the location of processing, the volume of applications, and whether additional documentation or information is required. Typically, processing times range from 12 to 24 months.

Applicants for Canadian citizenship between the ages of 18 and 54 must demonstrate that they have adequate knowledge of English or French, the two official languages of Canada. This can be done through language test results or evidence of completing an approved language program.

It depends on the laws of your home country. Some countries do not allow dual citizenship, while others do. Canada allows dual citizenship, so if your home country also allows it, you can become a Canadian citizen without giving up your current citizenship.

It depends on the nature of the criminal record. If the offense is serious, such as a conviction for a violent crime or a terrorism-related offense, it may make an applicant ineligible for citizenship. However, each case is assessed on its own merits, and some individuals with criminal records may still be eligible for citizenship.

Still have a question? Ask your question here