This Canadian immigration Self-Employed Program is designed to attract those applicants who intend and are able to become self-employed in Canada. Self-employed persons who intend to live in Quebec are not eligible under this program and should apply under the Quebec Self-Employed Program. To qualify for this program, applicants must have the relevant experience, intention and ability to either:
- Make a significant contribution to the cultural or sporting life in Canada as artisans or as athletes at an international level; or
- Purchase and manage a farm in Canada.
- At least two years’ experience of participation in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level;
- At least two years’ experience of self-employment in cultural activities of athletics;
- At least two years of farm management experience