Migration through Economic Class is one of the most important aspects of Canadian Immigration. As the new immigrants will bring vast knowledge and expertise in their respective areas of work and shall fulfill the shortage in Canadian workforce. Economic immigration can be divided into two distinct processing streams one selects skilled workers and the other identifies business immigration.
Applications through Express Entry:
For skilled aspirants who want to immigrate to Canada IRCC relies on Express Entry selection procedure. As the name suggests IRCC takes a decision on almost 80% of the files within six months once an application is submitted. The main focus is to invite applicants from all across the globe to prove their competence and come to Canada to start a new life as Permanent Residents. This system is purely a merit and point based selection process. Skilled workers in the following classes apply through Express Entry.
- Federal Skilled Workers – FSW
- Federal Skilled Trades – FST
- Canadian Experience Class – CEC
- Provincial Nominee Program – PNP (If Applicable)
Selection Process for Express Entry
- A profile is created which includes education assessment, English Language results among other details.
- Once a profile is created an applicant moves into an Express Entry pool where they are assessed among other aspirants.
- IRCC invites candidates through a draw system and sends an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
- Applicants then submit the necessary documents to prove their competence and support their profile.
- If approved after going through a number of channels a candidate is asked to submit his/her passport along with any dependent on the file and Permanent Residency to Canada is granted.
This stream of permanent residency applicants are not required to apply through Express Entry they are selected on the basis of their capability to create jobs in Canada. Applicants under this stream bring their knowledge and funds to boost the Canadian economy and creating jobs for other Canadians. The selection process is different for various categories mentioned below
- Start-Up Visa
- Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Pilot Program
- Self-employed Person