A foreign national can be sponsored as a nanny (live in caregiver) via Canada’s Live in Caregiver Program and must meet both the requirements outlined by the Citizenship and Immigration Canada AND Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC). Under this program, a caregiver must provide at least 30 hours a week of care to:
* Children (under 18 years of age);
* Elderly (65 or over); or
* Persons with disabilities.
Part of the eligibility criteria for a Canadian Live in Caregiver visa is possessing good English and/or French language skills.
In order to apply for the Live-in Caregiver Visa Program, you will need a:
- Written contract with your future employer, signed by you and your employer;
- Successful completion of the equivalent of a Canadian secondary school education;
- Six months’ training or at least one year of full-time paid work experience as a caregiver or in a related field or occupation (including six months with one employer) in the past three years. You will need to provide references and/or recommendations from former employers;
- Work permit before you enter Canada;
- Positive Labour Market Opinion (LMO).
Please get in touch with us for more information on the same.